Mustang Damodar Kunda Trek
Damodar Kunda trek has been open for tourist in the year of 2002 for all trekkers & Pilgrimage foreigners. Now your dream to Damodar Kunda Trek can be fulfilled. Adventure Connexion arranges this trek for trekker/Pilgrimage. We have a lot of experiences in sending trekker in remote areas like upper Mustang, Dolpa, Manaslu & other non touristy area in Nepal & Tibet.
Many Hindus from round the globe are dreaming to take a holy bath at least once in their life time in the sacred Damodar-Kund, situated at the altitude of 5400 meters lap of high Himalayas in Upper Mustang on the north east of Mustang District , Nepal.
Damodar Kunda with Upper Mustang trek can be trekked combing extra days of length extension. Damodar Kund is a holy pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists religious groups and it is the most sacred place of festival “Full Moon August”. Damodar Kunda Trekking is considering as total exploration visit in the Trans Himalayan land beyond the entire Himalayas of world. In ancient days this sacred land is mainly visited by the holy sages and saints to fulfill their meditation purpose and pay attention to Lord Shiva. The entire Mustang trekking package is proposed first visiting wonderful site of upper Mustang region then the trail diverts following Damodar Kunda. In Upper Mustang you will be visiting Nepal’s cultural hidden tiny Kingdom first to experience unique tradition of Himalayas.
We had prepared a comfortable trek on foot and Pony. From Jomsom the district headquarters of Mustang, the trek would be for 14 days to and from. Since Damodar Kund is at the high altitude, the trek is designed in view of acclimatization and comfort. We make you visit Lord Muktinath on the return leg. Since Pilgrimage would cover the high altitude (above 5333m.) it is a difficult trek and requires a normal physical fitness.
Our guest may enter Nepal directly by air to Kathmandu and then visiting places like Kathmandu valley and Pokhara & to Jomsom, Pokhara and Jomsom are linked to Kathmandu by air or one may have a choice to travel to Pokhara by road from Kathmandu and then by air to Jomsom 2667 m. but Adventure Connexion provide the helicopter rides to Damodar Kunda. By Helicopter visit in the month of June and September is suitable.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel
Days 02: Kathmandu sightseeing, overnight at hotel .
Days 03: Drive to Pokhara, overnight at hotel .
Days 04: Fly to Jomsom 2800m and start trek to Kagbeni.
Inter Restricted Area.
Days 05: Trek to Chele, 3200m, overnight at camp.
Days 06: Trek to Giling, 3500m, overnight at camp.
Days 07: Trek to Ghami, 3500m, overnight at camp.
Days 08: Trek to Tsarang, 3550m, overnight at camp.
Days 09: Trek to Lo-manthag, 3800m, overnight at camp.
Days 10: Acclimatization explore Lo-manthang
Days 11: Trek to Yara - 3530m - Overnight at camp.
Days 12: Trek to Bas Khola, overnight at camp.
Days 13: Acclimatization at Bas Khola, overnight at camp.
Days 14: Trek to Damodar Kunda ( Lake ) - 4890m
Days 15: Trek to Ghechung Khola, overnight at camp.
Days 16: Trek to Tange, overnight at camp.
Days 17: Trek to Tetang, overnight at camp.
Days 18: Trek to Muktinath, overnight at camp.
Days 19: Trek to Jomsom, overnight at camp.
Days 20: Fly back to Pokhara, overnight at hotel.
Days 21: Back to Kathmandu , overnight at hotel .
Days 22: Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
Detail itinerary will update soon.
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person for 10 days (the above price includes 10 days valid trekking permit from Kagbeni to Kagbeni. If you would wish to stay more than 10 days in restricted area, you are subjected to extra charge for extra days (US$ 50 per day / per person).
- Annapurna conservation fee
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu flight fare.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses..
- An experienced Government licensed guide and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples).
- Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Fare well dinner with typical Nepali restaurant
- All government taxes.
- International air fare to Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Nepal entry visa fee $40. ( during 60 days from the date of issue.)
- Travel insurance and helicopter charter in any cases but if you want us to arrange
- Items of personal nature. ( Personal Expenses)
- Any kinds of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, phone call, internet, laundry etc.
- Tips for your crews ( Guide, porter and driver)
The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes Britton has also visited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgivvisited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes.