Mountain Bike Tour to Upper Mustang
Our mountain biking trip to the Upper Mustang Valley is truly an awe-inspiring adventure and a phenomenal experience that you’ll never forget. Words can’t really describe this amazing & unique place of ancient Buddhist and Tibetan culture. The Upper Mustang, where our destination point ‘Lo-Manthang’ is located, is a remote and forbidden area, restricted to foreigners until 1992.
Upper Mustang Mountain Bike is an amazing physical and cultural mountain biking trip to the remote kingdom of Lo (Upper Mustang). Upper Mustang Mountain Bike tour is not a technical ride as such but due to high altitude it is a hard ride on a jeep road and village trails. Upper Mustang Mountain Bike trip is done at much slower pace than equivalent low altitude ride to prevent the AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), which can be triggered by excessive exhaustion and ruin the enjoyment of the trip or the entire adventure holiday in Mustang. During the Upper Mustang cycling tour, Adventure Connexion explore the ancient kingdom of Lo with its amazing history, wild but gentle people still leading strong traditional lives similar to their ancestors 500 years ago. Young men still go to Tibet to find their wives. While mountain bike riding Upper Mustang we will visit old gompas and monasteries with incredible 500 years old art treasures hanging on the walls and we will meet people, whose ancestors produced that and we explore living Tibetan Buddhist traditions.
From Lo Manthang we will bike to Kora La pass to take a sweeping view to Tibet proper. A bonus of the Upper Mustang Mountain Bike Ride will be the opportunity to explore western side of Annapurna and the deepest valley in the world (7000m), Kali Gangaki Valley. Upper Mustang Mountain Bike expedition will take us on a biking foray into Mukinath, a very interesting place, a popular pilgrimage site and an ancient trading post still resonating today with many traders, gurus and sadus finding their solace and purpose here. We will descend the Kali Gandaki Valley down to Tatopani, which means ‘Hot Water’ and derived from hot springs bubbling on the banks of Kali Gandaki Valley. From Tatopani we will follow the jeep road through the jungle to Beni to catch our transportation back to Pokhara.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Warm up ride to Kathmandu Valley.
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Pokhara
Day 04: Fly Pokhara to Jomsom (2980 meters) and Mountain bike ride to Jhong (3550 meters)
Day 05: Mountain bike ride Jhong to Samar (3660 meters)
Day 06: Mountain bike ride Samar to Ghami (3520 meters)
Day 07: Mountain bike ride Ghami to Charang (3560 meters)
Day 08: Mountain bike ride Charang to Lo - Manthang (3810 meters)
Day 09: Mountain bike day trip Dhi gaon (3810 meters) and back to Lo - Manthang (3810 meters)
Day 10: Mountain bike ride to Ghom (3947 meters)
Day 11: Mountain bike ride back to Ghami (3520 meters)
Day 12: Mountain bike ride back to Samar (3660 meters)
Day 13: Mountain bike ride back to Jomsom (2980 meters)
Day 14: Mountain bike ride back to Tatopani (1190 meters)
Day 15: Jeep drive Tatopani (1190 meters) to Pokhara (840 meters)
Day 16: Relax day at Pokhara
Day 17: Flight Pokhara to Kathmandu. Rest time shoppingin Kathmandu
Day 18: Full day Kathmandu valley cultural tour. Evening farewell dinner
Day 19: Final Departure
Detail itinerary will update soon.
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 4 nights twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis.
- 3 nights twin sharing accommodation in Pokhara with bed and breakfast basis.
- Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the Mountain bike ride.
- All necessary paper works and conservation entry permits.
- Upper Mustang special permit.
- Mountain bike spare parts, trip leader and mechanics .
- Annapurna conservation fee.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara private transportation.
- Tatopani to Pokhara private transportation.
- Pokhara - Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu flight ticket.
- Kathmandu sightseeing tour with cultural guide.
- Foods and accommodation during the tea house biking trip
- An experienced Government licensed bike guide.
- salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation and insurance for bike guide.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Farewell dinner with typical Nepali restaurant
- All government taxes.
- International air fare to Nepal.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu & Pokhara.
- Personal clothing & equipments.
- Pokhara cultural tour.
- All entrance fees in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Mustang monasteries visit.
- Nepal entry visa fee $40.( during 30 days from the date of issue.)
- Travel insurance and helicopter charter in any cases but if you want us to arrange
- Items of personal nature. ( Personal Expenses)
- Any kinds of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, phone call, internet, laundry etc.
- Tips for your crews ( Guide, porter and driver)
The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes Britton has also visited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgivvisited, on a river expedition back in 1988. The projects consists of a vast suite of classic mid format celluloid film portraits of tribes people in the Omo Valley in southwest Ethiopia, near the Sudanese border, a grim and unforgiving, unaccessible roadless area which Claes.